How to make Smart Calls not Cold Calls
- Identify your Target Audience
- Who are they? What is your target market? You may need to do some market research to find out where the need is and how you are the best person to meet that need.
- Put yourself in their shoes and really consider what they are looking for; what are their concerns? What is Key for them and how can you capitalize on this by tailoring the call to suit their needs.
- Work from Clean Data: In order for any campaign to be successful the most important starting point is accurate, clean data. There is no point in making calls using old data, to people whom may have no interest in the product or service you are selling. Your data must be up to date, targeted and relevant.
- Direct Mail: Although this isn’t an essential part of the process, sending out an email, brochure or personalised letter in the post before calling does wonders in “warming up” your prospects and preparing them of your call.
- Selling is a transfer of trust: You need to understand your product and it’s USP’s and be convinced of the ways that it can provide the solution to your target market’s needs, and then develop a method to effectively communicate this.
- Proven Call Process: At Xen, we use a tried and proven call structure which we have developed over many years in the industry. We will be giving you in-depth details of these processes in upcoming tutorials, for now however, the most important thing to remember is to structure your calls based on the 4 W’s – This is imperative in grabbing their attention and showing that you are open, honest and upfront. Introduce:
- Who you are
- Where you’re calling from
- Why you’re calling – and most importantly…..
- What’s in it for them
- Build Report: Be human!
- Be open and honest.
- Freely give your name.
- Let your personal style/personality shine through (so long as it’s professional and appropriate).
- Listen effectively – Which means understanding and absorbing what the prospect is telling you.
- Focus on the conversation you are having rather than formulating a response or thinking about what you will say next.
- Be empathetic to the prospects current situation.
- Mirror the tone and style used by the prospect.
- Be enthusiastic, interested, friendly, assertive, happy, positive, authoritive, confident and knowledgeable.
- Analyse to Improve:
- Note any negative responses you have received and dissect the call and see what trigger may have caused the unsatisfactory response. Similarly, do the same with any positive/satisfactory outcomes, how was it that you were able to effectively engage and connect with the prospect that produced the desired outcome?
- Keep note of all objections and think creatively of ways to counteract these on later calls.
- Positivity is Key. You must sincerely believe that your calls will yield the success you seek and keep up the enthusiasm regardless of how things may appear. Keep up the energy and positivity and the results WILL COME.
We’re sure that by implementing these simple steps you will enjoy increased success on all of your telephone communications. If you would like any further advice or information, please contact us on: 08456529090 or send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish you the best of success!